Saturday, May 9, 2009

Introducing Brea Marie Wilde.....Finally!!!

So i have finally made it to the computer and some time to update since alot has definately happened since last post..... So our beautiful little angel is here

May 3, 2009
12:55 am
5 lbs 11 0z
18 1/2 inches

and so perfect and healthy!!!!

I will kind of go through the last week before she came. I had started cramping alot the monday and tuesday before and then the contractions started Wednesday night for about three hours. Then on Thursday during the day i felt pretty good besides cramping and back aches, then about 9pm Thursday night until 7 am Friday morning i had contractions all night long starting 15 min apart, then 10 minutes, then 8 down to 6 minutes apart so i finally called my mom and Labor and Delivery, but they said until they were 3-5 minutes apart for over two hours not to come in. So the contractions eased up Friday morning to about every 10-12 minutes, until that night they were 5 minutes apart for about an hour and a half and then eased up again. So i was so confused as to when this baby was coming. I even slept great Friday night with the contractions coming only once an hour all night long. Then came Saturday...... I had my family baby shower to go to at 1pm and had been having painful painful contractions all morning, i called my mom on the way over to the shower and told her i did not know how i was going to make it through the shower with out drawing attention to myself and wanting to crawl into the fetal position. So the shower went on and so did my contractions 8 min apart the whole shower. I was bright red and sweating like crazy and just putting my head down every 8 minutes to get through the contraction. Around 4 pm, the contractions were so painful and 5 minutes apart and i could not even sit down through them, i was having such bad back labor. I stayed with my family and we counted the timing between contractions for about 2 1/2 hours. The most frustrating part of all this was that everyone was telling me i was just in false labor and i wasn't really going to have the baby for atleast another week and i am really not in that much pain. I was so frustrated because i knew how much pain i was in, and i could swear that most pregnant dont go through that much pain if it is just false labor. Then the contractions were coming less than two minutes apart and i was curled in a ball on the floor crying and could not even get up between contractions and felt like my back was breaking, that is when my mom and sisters were like "UH, maybe we should take her to the hospital." So off to the hospital we went and i called Justin to meet us over ther. I could barely walk in and threw my clothes off and got on the bed, turns out i was already dilated to a 4 almost a 5. An hour later i was at a 6 and finally got the epidural, which i was surprised didnt even hurt, i did not even feel it. An hour later i was at an 8, and an hour later i was at a 10 and ready to push. It all went so fast, i pushed for about 50 minutes and out she came. She was so little!!! I was shocked with all the hair on her head, i was so sure my baby was going to be bald, because i had no hair and justin had some hair but not that dark. She is beautiful and healthy and we couldnt be happier. She came 2 1/2 weeks early and i had nothing ready for her but i am glad she is here. Although i can not decide which is worse, labor or the after labor. No one prepared me for the pain i would go through after, i guess you just have to experience it to understand, but the good news is is that i feel pretty good today and i got the most hours of sleep last night then i have in like two weeks. My mom has been here helping me with everything and i dont know what i would do with out her. Justin has been so helpful too and always running here or there for me. He is so in love with his little girl and so proud she looks like him. I dont see any of me in her, but maybe she will later!!! She really is a good baby and so sweet. I have a ton of pics to post, they are all so cute, i couldn't decided which ones to leave out, so enjoy the pics. Thanks to all my friends and family who were there and came and visited and for all the phone calls and gifts, i appreciate all of it.!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

K. Crisler said...

Sarah, CONGRATS! I still have a gift for little Brea sitting in the backseat of my car. When we get back in town I would love to come over and visit. I hear she is beautiful!

The Dunns said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you. If it makes you feel any better- I had like the same labor story- tons of contractions for days and days! I'm glad its over for you and you have your little one.

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!! I had no idea you had her! Peyton was a five pounder and yet every time I see a little baby I feel like, "Peyton was never that tiny!!" It's crazy how quickly you forget. I hope all is well!!