Tuesday, May 17, 2011

RSV-A Complete Nightmare!!!




















First day home from the hospital!!















Finally home!! Although followed by oxygen! Don't judge me by this pic, eight days in a hospital does not do anyone any favors!!















Harlee was so funny and kept taking her oxygen out and sucking on it!!















At Timpanogas





















Car ride home from the hospital!




















Chilling with Daddy!!




















Such a rough time and so sad!!





















I never want to see her like this again!!



So as i said in my post before, we had waited to bless little Harlee in hopes of avoiding RSV, but four days after being blessed, Harlee was admitted to the hospital!! I had no idea what we were in for. I knew she did not look good and she was not eating and having such a hard time breathing, but i had no idea we were only at the beginning of the awful eight days ahead!!! It really was the worst thing i have gone through in my life. There is nothing more helpless feeling than watching your sweet baby go through so much and suffer!! It broke my heart everyday to be in there with her and watch them suction her and stick tubes down her throat and stick her over and over with needles and IV's. Having to hold her down while they try over and over to start an IV in her scalp and every where else, nine times total. It was torture!!! I would just cry everyday!! At times i would feel like i should be grateful that this was only temporary and that she would get through this, especially being at Primary's, but then i decided it does not matter what sickness a child has, it is still hard to go through watching your child suffer. This truly was a difficult time, but i am happy to say Harlee is doing so good!! My heart goes out to the mothers whose children are up at Primary's long term, i can only imagine what they are going through!!! After a long eight days in the hospital we were able to come home with Harlee on Oxygen for ten days, and now as of last monday she has been doing so well!!!! Every day i was in there i was reminding myself how grateful i need to be to just be a mom at home with healthy children. I swear i will never take another day for granted, even if my day consisted of staying in my sweats, cleaning, and watching Mickey Mouse for the twentieth time that day!!! I love my girls and i am so grateful i have them home and healthy again and thank God every day for that!!! I hope that we are healthy around here from now on. I am so grateful for all the help, love, and support we received while going through it all. We have so many amazing friends and family!!

5 comments:

Niki Carter said...

So sad to see her like that:( I'm so glad that you are on the other side of that!

Lindsay said...

Oh Sarah!! That is awful, wow. I had no idea you were going through all that! I am so glad she is home now and recovering (as well as you!). We'll have to get caught up here soon. Sending prayers your way!

Megan Parkes said...

Sarah, this just makes me cry. It's hard to even imagine. You're amazing, and I'm so glad she's ok. You're super Mom to be able to handle everything so well. Miss you guys.

{lindy baker cakes} said...

This is the saddest thing ever. I'm so gald she's better!

Anonymous said...

This was a sad thing to read about. I had heard your little baby was sick so we were praying for her but had no idea she was so sick. The thought of them trying to start an IV in her scalp breaks my heart. It's so hard to keep babies from getting sick. I'm just glad she is doing better.