Saturday, February 5, 2011

We have a new little Princess at the Wilde's!!














Introducing Harlee Rae














The Proud Big Sister




Our little Harlee Rae is here!!!! I know i am way late on posting but it has been a little busy around here since i had her. Harlee will be three weeks old tomorrow. I can not believe how fast that has gone already. She is our little angel baby, and i am keeping my fingers crossed that she stays that way. Harlee was born January 16 at 1152 am and she weighed 6lbs 4 oz, was 18 inches long, and head circ was 13 inches. We were thinking that she would look like Brea, but they look nothing alike, but are both beautiful in their own way. It is fun to see how different she looks. Everyone says she looks more like me, and of course Brea is a spit image of Justin. It will be fun to see if they look more alike the older Harlee gets. I was getting so impatient those last couple of weeks because i was expecting to come early like i did with Brea. I delivered Brea at 37 weeks and 5 days, and i delivered Harlee at 37 weeks and 6 days. So almost exactly the same. I was thinking that Harlee was going to stay in until the very end, so i was pleasantly surprised when i went from nothing to waking up in the middle of the night with contractions and cramping. We left to the hospital around 7 45 in the morning and i was dilated to a 5. They gave me an epidural, started pitocin, and soon i was at an 8. The doctor came in broke my water, i pushed three times and out she popped. It was so easy!!! This labor and delivery was so different than with Brea!!! And it was so much easier this time during and recovering. So that was nice. I am glad that part was easier because my hormones were all over the place this time. I was so emotional and crying every day the first week. Most of it had to do with feeling torn between Brea crying for me all the time and feeling like i was neglecting her because i had to spend so much time with the baby. But after Brea started adjusting and liking Harlee more, it got easier for me and i did not feel so bad. Now Brea loves to kiss her and check up on her in the pack N play. She is good big sister, but a little one that is. Brea is still so little to me, but bringing home a new baby made her grow up real fast!!! I am excited for these two to play and be best friends!! Harlee was under the lights for five days, but we got through that and i am glad it was not longer. Besides that, she has been healthy and happy, but she has learned real fast that she wants to be held all day and eat all day. I feel like i am a 24 hour buffet!!!! Anyways, we are so excited to have another little Princess and loving every minute of her!!! I will post more pics soon!!!

5 comments:

Heather said...

I have been waiting for this post!!! She is so precious and cute. I'm glad all went well & sounds like you won't be pumping this time?! I'm glad Brea is enjoying her. I'm nervous to give my attention to 2 babies. Hope to see you guys soon!

Tammy said...

So cute Sarah. I don't know how you survived 5 days under the lights, we had to do 2 days & those were the longest 2 days ever. It will be so fun for your daughters once Harlee gets a little older!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pictures! She is so freaking cute! I can't wait to see her...I am glad Brea is warming up to her, it takes a little while for them to realize that they aren't leaving. haha Glad you are doing good, you look great!

Unknown said...

congrats!!! I felt the same way about having two. You feel so guilty, and torn between the two and it makes things harder than just having one child. I bet you are dong a fantastic job!!

Laura said...

Oh, she's so sweet! Congrats, glad all went well!